Come Join a Great Team of Experienced Educators
The Preschool’s top priority is caring for children while providing a strong educational basis for future learning in Kindergarten. The Preschool provides a nurturing, hands-on curriculum tailored for the individual needs of each student. We adhere to the highest standards of teaching, security, safety, and loving care. We recognize and value the uniqueness of each child at his or her own level of development. Our classrooms are designed to foster this uniqueness and support each child’s growth, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. We are fortunate that the preschool staff and students mirror the diversity of the families who live and work in our community
We have a beautiful 3-acre campus with a large outdoor playground for your children. The grounds host a safely fenced and shaded area with multiple age appropriate structures and an additional small field for creative play. Our many classrooms are engaging for young minds and include artwork created by our students.
St. Luke’s Preschool has served the families of Falls Church and surrounding communities for almost 40 years. We are licensed by the state of Virginia and our teachers have first aid and CPR training.
The staff, in-conjunction with local law enforcement, has designed emergency plans to further ensure the safety of the children. Our facility has a secure, coded entrance and our outdoor play area is fully fenced.
- This is a full-time position.
- The Preschool is open Monday – Friday 7AM until 6PM. Flexible hours for 8 hour day TBD.
- Expectation of rotating extended hours on certain days.
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack provided.
- Children ages 2.5-5 years old.
- Any shared responsibilities.
- Co-teaching classroom structure and small class sizes.
- Willing to work in a collaborative team/family environment
- Teaching Strategies’ Creative Curriculum for Preschools
- Great benefits including health, dental, life insurance as well as a retirement plan (available after the first year of employment).
- Discounted childcare for ages 2.5-5 years old.
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities.
- The school is closed on most federal holidays and generous paid leave.
- Free parking for teachers. School is located either between East Falls Church Metro (Orange line) and McLean Station (Silver line) with a short bus ride.
These postings shall remain open until the position is filled. Please send resume with job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org